- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tbsp onions, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Blanch the arugula in boiling salted water and then submerge in an ice bath. Transfer arugula to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and rice. Stir for about 30 seconds until the rice just begins to toast. Add the onions and give it a quick stir.
- Continue to cook the rice for about 1 more minute and then add the water. Once the water has evaporated, add the vegetable stock, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir the rice constantly and add another 1/2 cup of stock once the previous addition has been absorbed.
- Once all the stock has been absorbed, remove the rice from the heat and add the parmesan cheese as well as the blended arugula. Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Let the risotto sit for 2 minutes and then serve.