Bacon Leek Pasta with a Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces, weight pasta, cooked al dente
- 4 think slices of bacon (chopped into smaller pieces)
- 2 whole leeks, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Cook pasta and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Cook chopped bacon until fat is rendered and it starts to brown. Add sliced leeks and butter let cook for 8 minutes.
- Then pour in wine, then cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until reduced.
- Reduce heat to low, then pour in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Parmesan shavings. Toss in pasta, adding a little pasta water to thin as needed. Serve with Parmesan shavings over the top