- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely grated raw beet
- 6 cups filtered water, divided
- In a blender or a food processor (fitted with the blade attachment), blend together lemon juice, sugar, shredded beet, and 1 cup of water. Blend for 1 minute until the mixture is bright pink and well combined.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer and into a medium bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press any remaining juice out of the beets and into the lemonade. Transfer strained mixture to a pitcher and discard the beets.
- Add remaining 5 cups of water to the pitcher and stir. Taste and add more lemon or sugar as necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve chilled.