- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 milt
- 1 pint blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with wrappers.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 1 3/4 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar by hand or with a mixer for about 4 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one, wait until the first egg is absorbed before adding second egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients over the bowl and stir in the sour cream and milk. Stir the picture with a rubber spatula until all of the liquid is absorbed and there is no loose flour in the bowl. (Do not over work the mixture)
- Toss in the blackberries with 2 tablespoons of flour and fold them into the batter. fill the cups of the muffin tins three quarters full with batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife or toothpick stuck into one of the muffins comes out clean.