Burrata and Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 lb. purchased pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ball of burrata
- Flour and cornmeal, for dusting
- 3 fresh tomatoes, sliced thin
- Position a rack in the bottom of the oven. Place a baking stone on the rack. Preheat the oven to 400 F, for at least 45 minutes. Punch the dough down and turn it out onto a work surface. Shape it into a ball. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes to marry the flavors.
- Slice tomatoes thinly and pull burrata into small pieces
- To assemble the pizza, lightly flour a work surface. Roll out the dough into a round pizza. Generously dust a pizza peel or rimless baking sheet with cornmeal and transfer the dough round to it. Working quickly, spread the cheese evenly over the dough. Top evenly with tomatoes slices and cracked pepper. Brush the rim with some of the seasoned oil, then drizzle more oil evenly over the pizza.
- Immediately place the pizza into oven. Bake until the crust is crisp and browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.