Carne Chile Fully Loaded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 16 oz red kidney beans
- Toppings of your choice: shredded cheddar cheese, tater tots, sour cream, chopped bacon, diced avocado, chives, green peppers or tortilla chips
- In 5-quart dutch oven over medium heat, add oil, ground beef, onions, green pepper and garlic until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in the tomatoes and their liquid, chili powder and salt; heat to boiling. reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans and they liquids; heat. Serve in soup bowls and top with your favorite items!