Kale Apple Bread
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves only (remove stem)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease one (1) 9” cake pan.
- Tear the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and boil for a few minutes until tender. Refresh in cold water, drain and puree. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla, applesauce and sugar together well. Beat in the kale puree and grated apple. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently combine.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool for 2 minutes in the tins and then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.