Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Baked Chicken Enchilada
- 2 acorn squash, halved and center scooped out
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 10oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place squash on cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot or skillet place the chicken, enchilada sauce, corn kernel and beans. Allow mixture to simmer and flavors come together. About 20 minutes.
- Once squash is softened place the chicken mixture into the centers of the squash and top with shredded cheese. Place back into the oven for an additional 25-30 minutes.