Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup sugar (can be maple, brown, date, coconut, granulated)
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with oil and a few pinches of salt. Spread the brussels sprouts over cookie sheet and roast for about 30-35 minutes or until sprouts are lightly brown and crispy.
- While the brussels sprouts are roasting, in a small pan combine pomegranate juice with sugar and set over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- When liquid comes to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the liquid is reduced about 25 minutes. Watch it carefully it can go from thick to burned quickly. Let it cool do not refrigerate.
- Drizzle reduction over the brussels sprouts and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds.