Roasted Tomato and Basil
- 10 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 tablespoons of fresh basil chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Arrange the tomatoes cut side up and the garlic in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the basil and drizzle with oil.
- Roast until the tomatoes are soft, about 40 minutes. remove and discard the skins.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the tomatoes, garlic, wine and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until thickened about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree the soup in a blender, then reheat in pan. Garnish with remaining basil.