Sautéed Broccoli Rabe and Black Olive
- 1 lb. purchased whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, thick stems removed
- Flour and cornmeal, for dusting
- 1/2 lb. part-skim mozzarella cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- Position a rack in the bottom of the oven. Place a baking stone on the rack. Preheat the oven to 400 F, for at least 45 minutes. Punch the dough down and turn it out onto a work surface. Shape it into a ball. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes to marry the flavors.
- Bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and cool under running cold water. Gently squeeze out the excess water. Roughly chop the broccoli rabe.
- To assemble the pizza, lightly flour a work surface. Roll out the dough into a round pizza. Generously dust a pizza peel or rimless baking sheet with cornmeal and transfer the dough round to it. Working quickly, spread the cheese evenly over the dough. Top evenly with the broccoli rabe and the olives. Brush the rim with some of the seasoned oil, then drizzle more oil evenly over the pizza.
- Immediately place the pizza into oven. Bake until the crust is crisp and browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.