St. Patrick's Day Pizza
- Store bought pizza dough
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green cabbage
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices, tied securely in cheesecloth
- 1 large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 thin slices corned beef
- Place dough in a large oiled bowl, turning to coat with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until the dough has doubled in size, about 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, season with salt and cook until just soft, about 5 minutes. Add the pickling spices and just enough water to cover. Simmer over low heat, covered, until the cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the cabbage and set aside (discard spices).
- Place a pizza stone in the oven, if you have one, and preheat to 400. Toss the potato with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a single layer on a baking sheet until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch round . Place the round on a floured pizza peel (if baking on a stone) or a large oiled pizza pan; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Scatter half of each of the cheeses, corned beef, cabbage and potatoes on top. Season with salt and pepper. Carefully slip the pizza onto the hot stone, if using, or place the pan in the oven. Cook until golden and crispy, 10 to 15 minutes.