Sweet Carrot Tart
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 pound of assorted colorful carrots, peeled, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Roll pie crust out into a tart pan or cookie sheet and using a fork, prick dough all over and sprinkle dough with 2 Tbsp. chopped thyme leaves; press into crust.
- Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Bake 12 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Remove foil. Bake 8 minutes more or until pastry is golden. Let cool completely.
- Increase temperature to 400 F. In a shallow baking pan toss carrots with olive oil and salt. Roast 25 minutes or until crisp-tender and caramelized, stirring once. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Stir mascarpone to soften; spread over pie crust. Top with roasted carrots. Bake 5 minutes or until heated through. Cool slightly. Sprinkle with thyme leaves; drizzle with honey.