Kale Pesto Linguine topped with Garlic Shrimp
- 15-20 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups packed torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb linguine
- In a large Ziplock freezer bag, mix everything for the shrimp except the butter until there is a good coat on all of the shrimp. Let marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- While shrimp are marinating you can make the pesto. Place the kale, salt, olive oil, almonds, garlic, red pepper flakes and cheese into food processor and pulse for 2-3 minutes. Set pesto aside (pesto can be placed in airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator)
- In a large pot, begin to boil water for the linguine, prepare as directed on the box.
- Preheat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and pour into the skillet and cook until shrimp have turned pink, stirring occasionally.
- Once the linguine is cooked, pour in desired amount of pesto and coat the linguine. Place the linguine in serving bowls and top with the cooked shrimp.