Raw Chard, Apple and Almond Salad
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups almonds sliced
- 1 medium bunch Swiss chard, sliced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a medium skillet over low heat, combine the shallot, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir, until the shallots turn translucent and soften. Add the nuts, cooking and stirring on low heat until they’re evenly toasted and lightly browned. Turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the Swiss chard and apple with the lemon juice and vinegar. Pour the almond mixture over the chard and apple.