Sweet Potato Mash with Roasted Poblano Peppers, Cumin and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced 1/4-inch
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Cook sweet potatoes until they are soft and you can pierce a knife through them easily.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the poblanos, pumpkin seeds, cumin, sour cream and salt into a blender and pulse until mixture is mixed completely. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and begin to mash them in a food processor. Sometimes it is best to do this in small batches.
- Once all of the potatoes are mashed transfer potato puree in to a large pot on the stove, allow the minute to heat up and mix in the sour cream mixture.
- Once all ingredients are combined and heated throughly add salt and pepper. Serve immediately.